Mission of FACE
- Provide tuition assistance that enables diverse low-income children to attend catholic schools, and
- Help children and families break the cycle of poverty and disadvantage by supporting access to quality Catholic education in the two-county Diocese of Oakland.
- In the rigors of academic excellence and the faith formation opportunities available through Catholic education that celebrate the community values of hard work, faith, respect and self-worth.
- In providing tuition support to deserving families, we are helping young learners become tomorrow's leaders who can rise above the challenges of poverty and socio-economic disadvantage.
- In partnering with generous supporters to sow seeds that have the potential to grow a new generation of active, engaged and contributing community members.
- We are making a difference - one student at a time.
Who do we serve?
FACE provides financial assistance without regard to race, religion or ethnicity, to the most deserving families with annual incomes of roughly $35,000 a year for a family of four or $25,500 for a family of four in urban communities. Grants cover a portion of tuition costs to attend a Catholic School in the Oakland Diocese.
Based on the conviction that the promise of Catholic education should be accessible to all, a group of far sighted founders established Family Aid-Catholic Education in 1978. Since then FACE has granted millions of dollars to thousands of families in the Diocese of Oakland to give their children a faith based, academically rigorous education that leads to a lifetime of learning, faith, service, and success.